“Wow”

This week I read the article Connectivism by Siemens: In A Learning Theory for the Digital Age. I was surprised to learn what is “half-life of knowledge” is, which refers to the span of knowledge from acquisition to elimination. I’ve always thought that everything in the world has a shelf life except expertise, but as explained in this article, half of what is known today was not known many years ago. I think the idea surprised me. But I don’t see it as obsolescence. I see it as innovation. Now, of course, most of the knowledge acquired through the power of technology that we can’t get through traditional education, which still surprises me.

“Wonder”

However, I also wonder if PLN can replace traditional learning if knowledge is obsolete. Why do you ask this question? Because the efficiency of multimedia learning is often shorter than the cycle of conventional understanding, the information network on the network is far more and more convenient than the traditional school. At the same time, I also want to know why knowledge is eliminated rather than updated. Isn’t knowledge extended from the base?

Reference:

Siemens, G. (2005). Connectivism: A Learning Theory for the Digital Age. International Journal of Instructional Technology and Distance Learning, 2(1).