Welcome To This Cute Site

#1 Wow and Wonder

“Wow”

With the rise of more and more network platforms, we can publish our content through multimedia learning platforms. But are there differences between these online learning platforms? I’ve always thought that people do a professional platform just to make money. Through this article, I was surprised to find that a professional PLN has strong and weak connections. Finding and connecting with experienced people is essential in a learning career. Combined with this characteristic, I found that no matter what multimedia learning platform, data will analyze the field you are interested in or the blogger when you register an account. For example, on Facebook and Tiktok, when I frequently search for some content and comments or like some posts, the network data will automatically promote professionals in specific fields. We connect with these professionals through comments and retweets, which is a process and result of personal and social interaction. Professionals can also accumulate fans through PLN to find their professional partners and improve social recognition.

“Wonder”

After having some basic knowledge of PLN, I am baffled about distinguishing which information is proper and effective through a multimedia platform. After all, many platforms have a lot of seemingly professional knowledge and content, but how can we distinguish professionalism through an account without so much knowledge? By the number of followers or the number of comments? But it is well known that many fans and comments will have a lot of uncertainty; how do we judge?

1. 339wenzhuo

Hi JingJing Jiang,
    Thank you for this well-written post. Your ‘Wonder’ part is very interesting, which reminds me of the famous McLuhan’s quote: ‘the media is the message’. I guess it is pointless to distinguish which platform is the best for PLN. Every platform has its own purpose, for example, INS is for photo display, Twitter is for text-heavy content, and Facebook is for personal use (mostly). If we can just look at the which mission the platform is trying to accomplish, then it is quite easy to see which platform we think it is appropriate to use to build our PLN.